Specialty Polyolefin Characterization
High Temperature Gel Permeation Chromatography systems are especially useful for the analysis of Polyolefins, such as polyethylene and polypropylene, which represent the majority of industrial polymers. GPC-H is essential for this very important polymer class, as the molecular weight of a material is directly related to its physical properties and industrial grade. Grades for polyethylene, for example, include Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE), Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), High Molecular Weight High Density Polyethylene and Ultrahigh Molecular Weight High Density Polyethylene. These polymers require GPC analysis in trichlorobenzene (TCB) at ~160°C, which is well over the maximum column oven temperature allowed for most standardized systems. During our more than 3 decades of experience, we have developed GPC methods which utilize specific flow rates, filtration systems and column temperatures unique to each type of polyolefin.
Come to Jordi Labs and have your polyolefin characterized by the GPC experts!
- Determination of Mn, Mw, Mz and PDI
- Degradation/Failure Analysis
- Quality Control Analysis
- Regulatory Polymer Exemption (determination of Weight Fraction below 500 and 1000 Daltons)
- Development of a material-specific method followed by formal validation
- Quantitation of Polymeric and Oligomeric components